Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Paying my "share" - joyfully!

I just got my Samaritan Ministries monthly newsletter. Each month, the ministry "assigns" me someone to whom I pay my $135 "share" (remember, it's not insurance, it's medical expense sharing). Usually I grab one of my stack of "get well soon" cards, pray about the particular illness or situation the person is going through, and then write out the check and a prayerful note. This month, my share is going to a couple who is expecting a baby in August!

Now, I always feel blessed to be able to send my share to a family who is paying for medical bills after an illness or injury. It feels really good to help a fellow believer or family in their time of need. This month, I get to share in another family's blessings! 

So - I need to buy a "you're expecting - congratulations" card... because "get well soon" just doesn't cut it, even if the expectant mother might be suffering from morning sickness!

Still very grateful for my insurance alternatives!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment